Thursday, August 14, 2008

Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi

I posted my review of Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi (US, UK, Canada) over at FantasyBookSpot. I have to say that this one is Scalzi's best book yet and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be getting a Questions Five interview within him soon.

Review excerpt:

Zoë’s Tale is far and away Scalzi’s best book yet. The voice of a teenage girl is always tricky, yet Scalzi, a male in his upper-30s, manages to get it rather right. Zoë is just as snarky, inconsistent, short on judgment, emotional, and remarkable as any teenager can be. She really comes alive through Scalzi’s witty dialogue and uncertain internal discourse – it’s very easy to imagine Scalzi channeling his pride of his own young daughter into Zoë, and I get the feeling that his daughter is his number one audience. (full review)

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

All I read was the opening paragraph but am excited that you find it his best yet. This book and Gaiman's Graveyard Book are my most anticipated novels this year and I know that all other reading will be put aside when each book comes out so that I can dive right in.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...