- Orbit is looking for a summer intern – I’d be interested if I lived anywhere near New York, if I could afford to live on what I imagine is much less than I currently make, and if I was actually qualified in any way.
- I’ve pretty much avoided what is the SFF blogosphere controversy of the week – all those professionals are getting their undies in a bunch.
- Welcome to the blogosphere: Sci-Fi at Borders: Babel Clash
- Matt Staggs lets me know of a contest he’s running (and Jeff VanderMeer one-ups him).
Have you ever struck a blow for anarchy? Done something surreal just because it felt good and they couldn't stop you? Crossed the border just to say you had? Stuck your gun somewhere you shouldn't've? Been chased across countries while trying to remember who you are? Okay, so that last one is the novel "Chaos" by the hot Dutch writing couple Escober, but you get the point. Tell us about the biggest thing you ever done to spread "chaos" and we'll enter you in a drawing for a one-of-a-kind gift pack featuring our new book "Chaos", plus:
A military issue map bag containing:
(1) compass with sighting mirror
(1) copy of the U.S. Army's Guerilla Warfare and Special Forces Ops field guide
(1) grenade (deactivated - you think we're crazy?)
(1) pair of leather bootlaces
(1) camouflage T-shirt, suitable for disappearing without a trace
Send your story of complete chaos to email@example.com before June 30, 2009 to enter.
- Edit: And one more. After this discussion on conflicts of interst in reviewing, is this declaration a bit over the top?