Monday, September 21, 2009

Shelf Space!

For a number of years, I have really wanted a library – basically my home office with a whole bunch of bookshelves. Of course the day dream I have when I think of winning the lottery has a spectacular, multi-story, octagonal library, but in all I really want is a lot of bookshelves.

This weekend went a long way towards realizing my goal. With the help of Ikea (perhaps not the best quality, but affordable and functional), I have lined one wall of my office from floor to ceiling with bookshelves. I spent a good amount of time building and then stocking the shelves, but it was all fun.

Unfortunately, I still have some books living in boxes and others spread throughout the house on other bookshelves, but this is something I’m really pleased about.

Below are some photos to enjoy. I’m off at a conference in Lake Tahoe (tough, I know) for the next week, so it’ll be quite around here. Note, most of the books that are visible are part of The Stack – books I haven’t read yet. At my current reading rate, I have a solid decade of reading to do (and that’s assuming I get no more books – which is a poor assumption).







13 comments:

Jen said...

looking very nice :) i've got ikea shelves too and i'm very happy with them, no problem at all in 2 years and they look pretty sturdy even compared to my non-ikea shelves.

Ryan said...

Love it! That's what's the next project for my home/office. I'll have to do some research on the ikea thing though. Never heard of it. Looks nice though.

Harry Markov said...

I am frikkin' jealous man, but you deserve it and to be quite honest it looks amazing.

Fence said...

I have that very same aim in life :) Although I'll need to get my hands on a house first...

shaneo52 said...

Looks cool man, I'm jealous myself! Good job.

Neth said...

Thanks all.

and good luck finding your own shelf space

Unknown said...

Nice. Very nice.

Renai LeMay said...

Jealous!!!!!!!!

Jebus said...

Can you link to larger pictures?

I have the exact same shelves, in fact I'm about to buy another one as I'm running out of room. But I have maybe only half or a third what you have there.

Anonymous said...

Now all you need is a fire place and leather chairs.

Neth said...

Jebus, Blogger use have links to the pictures, now it seems they don't do that. You should be able to download the picture itself, which is quite a bit bigger than what's shown on the blog.

Emperor said...

Haha...I dont know why this delights me. Yeah, Id love a library too!

Neth said...

All biliophiles love to see nice shelf space. And I think we all dream of a our own personal library.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...