Friday, February 03, 2012

The Day After Groundhog Day

So, not that any of you have been counting (which is more than just understandable) but this blog was ‘born’ on this day (also a Friday by the way) six years ago. That makes me something of an internet old fart, if not an ancient like a few out there. I find it suitably ironic and appropriate that it was the day after Groundhog Day that this was founded. Certainly I’ve evolved a lot over the years, but at the same time, there is certainly a very repeatable cycle to discussion in blogs that does indeed remind one of a certain Bill Murray movie (and yes, it is indeediSuntory time, though that isn’t the Bill Murray movie I’m referring to).

I’ve had many starts and stops along the way – from regular cover art posts, to rants, to travel posts, to Questions Five interviews, to the SFF Literary Pub Crawl, to something completely different photos, to room with a view photos, to whisky reviews, and of course, lots and lots of book reviews. I’ve gotten much better at reviewing and I’ve had the opportunity to meet and interact with many of my favorite authors (in person and on-line). It’s been a wild ride, and even though my ‘productivity’ has declined over the last year or so, I plan to forge ahead for the foreseeable future. So, thanks for reading, I’ll see you ‘tomorrow’ and now it is Suntory Time.




Cheers! Salud! Na Zdravi! Kampai! Noroc! Sláinte! Or however you prefer…

6 comments:

Sascha Walter said...

Well, Herzlichen Glückwunsch, then to the anniversary of this blog. I haven't been here at the start, but I am following this blog regularly for the last 2 or 3 years now. Keep on doing the good work, or like it is said in one of my favorite films: "Sitzen machen!!"

Brett said...

Only six years? I must have first started following this blog when it was new, and not realized it.

Anyways, thanks for all the reviews. They got me to read some fantastic books, and give a second chance to others (Prince of Nothing).

Justin said...

You're not allowed to stop blogging. Thanks. 6 years, egads.

Mihai A. said...

Here is to many years to come! :)
It is true that sometimes it seems that we are living in Groundhog Day, but it is a very interesting ride. And although some days are better than the others it is good to see that you still have the enthusiasm. Keep up the great work! :)

Neth said...

Thanks for the kind works. It's great to hear from some long-time followers.

Linda said...

I missed this last week, Ken, due to lower 'productivity' in my leisure hours.

Six years is fantastic! And amazing. Congratulations! I know only too well how much work that represents.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...