Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Speculative Fiction 2014

So, it's my book day today, at least a book that is published today has me in it, which is just a bit weird when I still hold to the idea of not being a writer. Anyway, Speculative Fiction 2014, edited by  Renay Williams and Shaun Duke is out today (and published by The Book Smugglers). It features an all star mix of fannish writing that includes more than a few authors better known for their fiction. It's quite an honor to be able to (even tangentially) claim these contributors as my peers. 

Speculative Fiction 2014: The Year’s Best Online Reviews, Essays and Commentary (Amazon, Book Smugglers)

I'm particularly pleased to be in this book because I didn't submit anything for consideration. What this means is that someone read something I wrote here and thought it was so worthy that they submitted it for consideration. Or the editors themselves saw it. However it happened, I find that especially touching. It's pretty great to have others recognize what I write here as being worthwhile in some way - that recognition may not be the reason I blog, but it's certainly a nice touch. 

Anyway, I'm tempted to not spoil the book and force you to search out what my submission is, but my vanity is indeed getting the better of me, and you can find it at this link. I believe that review puts me in a bit of a 'critical minority opinion' regarding that book.

I suppose it's worth noting that I'm now 2/3 on the Speculative Fiction collection series. I was also in Speculative Fiction 2012 (Amazon) for this review. Hell, all this honor is almost enough to get me to post more than once a month. 

Anyway, it is an honor and it's also a great collection that I encourage you all to read. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Ken; will check this out

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...