Tuesday, February 06, 2007



John Scalzi's The Sagan Diary on Audio

John Scalzi has made his novella, The Sagan Diary, available for audio download at his website - for free! This story covers the period of time between The Ghost Brigades and The Last Colony. You can get the print version from Subterranean and Amazon.

Each chapter is read by a different author-friend of Scalzi's. Readers are
Elizabeth Bear, Mary Robinette Kowal, Ellen Kushner, Karen Meisner, Cherie Priest and Helen Smith. Take advantage of this deal if you are interested in Scalzi's writing at all - as a fan or potential fan.

3 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Scalzi has quickly become one of my favorite authors in any genre, but especially science fiction. His novels, for me, are thecontemporary equivalents of the Harry Harrison novels that helped form my love of science fiction as well as the Robert Heinlein novels I've grown to love. I have Sagan Diary on the way in the mail and have already downloaded all the audio files. As soon as I'm done reading it I'll turn around and listen to this. I think it is a really fun idea that has alot of potential.

Neth said...

I've been hesitant to order The Sagan Diary so far, but I'm leaning more toward it. I've also downloaded it - I'll burn it to a CD and listen on the next road trip.

I wouldn't say Scalzi is a favorite - but he is a very fun author to read. In some ways he's almost the comfort food of sci fi.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Got my copy in the mail today...very excited to get to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...