Monday, April 23, 2007

Scourge of the International Pixel-Stained Technopeasants!

Ok, I’m not a writer and certainly not a member of the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA), so I’ve been mostly apathetic with slight amusement over the contested and controversial election going on. However, Howard V. Hendrix made a bit of an idiot of himself with this diatribe – I’m guessing he just pissed his chance away. On a side note – these webcomics are pretty amusing.

Well, there have been a few responses that I’ll not bother to look up, but the most notable is the rise of the International Pixel-Stained Technopeasants. What does this mean for the average reader – well, it’s a good place to find some free on-line fiction. Remember, if you enjoy what you read, consider buying the hard copy if available.


Carl V. said...

Those were some pretty stupid things to have said. That being said, I'm not really a fan of reading my fiction online. I'd much rather go out and buy the book, so although I'm happy that author's have a right to get out there stuff for free and I don't see this hurting the industry at all, I really don't care much. Reading, for me, is as much about the experience of holding the work in hand as it is about the work.

Neth said...


I'm much the same as you in this respect - I just don't enjoy reading fiction on-line for a number of reasons. I'll occaisionally read a short-story, but even that is rare. If it's something I want to read I'll buy it.

Hendrix had a valid point or two, but those got lost in the idiocy of the rest of his post. As it stands right now, posting fiction on-line seems to create more sales than it takes away. If an author chooses to post something on-line or otherwise allow it to be produced on-line, more power to them. I'm still buying my fiction in the old fashion form.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...