Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Links

It’s been a while since I’ve thrown up some links of interest, so some of the links included are a bit older, but still interesting. And despite the title of the post, none of these links are really related to Halloween in any way. Now, if I can only find some time for reading.



  • There is an interesting discussion on hype, buzz, expectations and the like in this thread over at SFF World. You have to page through a few ‘I didn’t like ___ and don’t understand why so many people say it’s good’ type of posts to get there.


  • Dead Books has a ‘Hyper-Serialization’ that’s part novel, part movie, part radio show, etc. It’s something new. I haven’t had the time to really investigate it, but it’s something that may appeal to some of you.


2 comments:

SQT said...

That Nick Mamatas article was fascinating. I was a journalism major in college and I could pump out the papers. I never sold them like he did but I understand the strategies he uses to write papers because I used them. It's appalling that people who can't write a basic term paper can buy their way through college, but it's not surprising.

Neth said...

It really is fascinating, of course there are lot of other adjectives I'd like to use to describe how it makes me feel.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...