- 23 books read
- 21 Published in 2011
- I read more books published by Random House (6) and its various imprints than any other – 4 from Del Rey, 1 from Spectra, and 1 from Doubleday (I suppose you could bounce it up to a total with 7 if you count 1 book from Transworld on the other side of the pond). The next closest was Orbit with 5.
- 4 books were published by ‘small press’ (up from 3 last year)
- 1 was an anthology (down from 2 last year)
- 3are what I consider science fiction (down from 6 in 2010)
- 8 are what I consider epic fantasy (down from 10)
- Only 1 is what I consider steampunk (same)
- 6 are what I consider urban fantasy (down from 8)
- 2 are what I consider sword and sorcery (down from 4)
- I conducted 2 interviews and helped out with a couple of others
- There have been approximately 54,000 site visits this year (not counting RSS) from 131 countries. Roughly 45% from the USA, 14% from the UK, and 9% from Canada.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
2011 in Review
2011 was another busy year here at Neth Space. The real world has kept me from reading as much as I’d like – but that’s nothing new, just a bit extreme as I adjust to life with 2 kids (one of which has a bit of a medical condition that takes up quite a bit of time and stress). I only managed to read 23 books in 2011, a disappointment, but I still count it as a victory. A few interesting stats are summed up below.
I wanted to like this one – this was one of the books I was looking forward to most in 2011. But it simply didn’t work for me. After the great start to this new series with The Judging Eye (review) I was very disappointed.