Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I’m Back!

It was a great vacation visiting England, Scotland, and Wales. I may do a post dedicated to the trip with a few pictures later, but it’ll be a while. It may have also inspired me to start up a second blog, but I’m still deciding that one. Anyway, it was wonderful, and now I’m back to being a slave to society again.

I finished up Stone of Farewell by Tad Williams on the trip (review forthcoming in the next few days) and I’m now reading To Green Angel Tower (Part One) to conclude the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy. In the last month or so I’ve received a handful of books from Pyr, so I look forward to reading Mappa Mundi by Justina Robson, Infoquake by David Louis Edelman, and River of Gods by Ian McDonald sometime soon. Of course there are many other books from The Stack that I look forward to reading as well – so no reading order is guaranteed.

I’m not a huge follower of web comics, but there are some that are pretty great. My wife loved Piled Higher and Deeper when she was earning her PhD (I’m pretty sure Cecilia was based on her). Now it seems there is a webcomic devoted to the likes of me. Check out Greenhorn. I particularly like this and this – beware the purple ninja (I look forward to a future meeting of the purple ninja with evil monkey - hint).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...