Well, on to the links.
- Another Inside the Blogosphere Q&A is up at Grasping for the Wind. In this one we answer what our favorite reading format is – I couldn’t avoid taking a shot at the current state of ebooks.
- Author Justin Gustainis blatantly requests some free publicity and I’m feeling generous today. View an exclusive excerpt of his new book in the Quincy Morris Supernatural Investigations series – Evil Ways (US, UK, Canada).
- Pat’s guest columnist, Lilith Saintcrow stirs up controversy with her definition and defense of Urban Fantasy. There has been lots of reaction (and not nearly all of it is linked here). For me, I think that all she did was make it less likely that I’ll read one of her books.
- 2008 best of lists – well, I’ve been asked to participate in 4 of these, not counting the one at this blog. Each is a bit different, and each will offer a wide range of wonderful books to consider – and they aren’t always the same. BookspotCentral, SFF World, SF Signal’s Mind Meld, Wotmania. (I'll link in the others as they come on-line if I can)
- Here’s a picture from the massive snow storm that hit us last week – kittycicle – I’m not sure my neighbor’s cat made it.*
- And in closing, due to my Texas roots I’m a fan of Robert Earl Keen, so Merry Christmas from the Family!
*to the best of my knowledge there isn’t actually a cat under there, but the neighbor’s cat has been strangely absent the last few days.