Friday, July 11, 2008

Blurb Worthy

Today I received a copy of the new release Multireal by David Louis Edelman (US, UK, Canada). Somewhat to my surprise, I find myself in the blurb section with snippets from my review of Infoquake (US, UK, Canada), the first book in this trilogy. As far as I know, this is my first blurb (though I assume there is one in the newer version of Infoquake as well) and it’s the first time I’ve noticed a dedicated section of ‘Blogger Blurbs’. I’m joined, of course, by a lot of familiar names and a few that have faded in the accelerated time of the internet.

I don’t aim for blurbs – I just say what I think. Sometimes, ‘blurb-worthy’ words are strung together, often, even praise of high-order, would simply make for a poor blurb. But the narcissist in me is proud to see my name in print. And for some strange reason, I’m now even more anxious to read Multireal – was this all just a conspiracy to get me to read this book sooner than I would have otherwise?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it was a conspiracy to get you to read it sooner. Mwahaha.

Okay, maybe not, but that's really cool! Congrats.

Larry Nolen said...

Cool! :D

ThRiNiDiR said...

congrats :)

SQT said...

Nice!

Gabe said...

That's very cool. Congratulations.

And as for blogger reviews; it's just more proof that Pyr is in the game for good. They do a lot of things right.

Mihai A. said...

Congrats, Ken. I'm happy for you :)

Neth said...

Thanks all

-Gabe, I agree, Pyr is here to stay. They are consistently putting out some of the best SFF out there. Just knowing that a book is published by Pyr is a good bet that it's a good book - not many publishers are that way.

RobB said...

He he I'm there, too. Check out the Acknowledgments.

Neth said...

Rob, that's cool - I still haven't made any acknowledgements that I know of.

Who'd ya have to off?

RobB said...

Secrets, secrets Ken.

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

You and me both. Congrats to us both.

Larry Nolen said...

Ken,

To make it into an Acknowledgements page, you have to display an ability and willingness to argue at length with an author about matters of philosophy. That or point out one author's resemblance to Air Supply ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...