Monday, March 16, 2009

Why I love Sy Fy and Other Links

It’s been a while since I shared some links, so here they are. Not many, but enough to stave off boredom for at least 3 minutes.
  • The Science Fiction Channel (SciFi) is now the Sy Fy channel. There is way too much discussion to even try to link – but to some it up: everyone hates the new name. While the title of this post is indeed a blatant attempt to have people click on this post, I agree with the masses on this one. This has to be one of the stupidest moves I’ve seen in a while. In other news, their new slogan “Imagine Greater” is only slightly better than their new name. (Edit: I just heard that Syfy is the plural of a really nasty curse word in Polish that is originally derived from syphillis. How appropriate.)

  • Oh, and this blog is fabulous - thanks to Blood of the Muse for the nod. This is meme I'll not take up directly, so if you feel that you are fabulous, consider yourself tagged.

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

It just makes me wonder if they're dumbing down the SciFi channel.

I'm off the grid as far as TV goes--antenna only--but I once liked the SciFi channel. I wonder what else they're going to do with it.

Neth said...

I imagine that they won't change much at all - just the name. They want copyright rights and a different image.

Of course, for me, it will always be the 'Siffy' network with venerial disease immediately coming to mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...