Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Last Colony by John Scalzi


I finished the newest book in the Old Man’s War sequence by John Scalzi: The Last Colony, and my review is posted here at FantasyBookSpot.


Scalzi is quick, fun reading – I doubt you’ll be inspired by new insight into the human condition, but you’ll probably be entertained. To quote one of my favorite lines from Caddyshack:


The world need ditch diggers too.

I’m not accusing Scalzi of digging any ditches, but he’s playing an important role by providing accessible and entertaining science fiction for the masses.


7.5/10

4 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm about midway through my copy so I'll have to come back and read your review once I'm done. I'm enjoying it so far, but am also having a hard time not laying it aside to get some of my fantasy reading done.

Neth said...

If I were you - I would not set it aside. It's relatively short and it's a fast read. You don't want it taunting you.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Picked it up yesterday, started where I left off...page 77, and tore through the rest. I really enjoyed it. I was reading this for Estella's Revenge and my review will be in their May online issue. I'll be posting a link when its out in case you're interested.

Neth said...

I'll keep an eye out for it.

On a related note, I'm looking forward to getting my copy signed next Monday when Scalzi is in town on his book tour.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...