Monday, April 23, 2007

Scourge of the International Pixel-Stained Technopeasants!

Ok, I’m not a writer and certainly not a member of the Science Fiction Writers of America (SFWA), so I’ve been mostly apathetic with slight amusement over the contested and controversial election going on. However, Howard V. Hendrix made a bit of an idiot of himself with this diatribe – I’m guessing he just pissed his chance away. On a side note – these webcomics are pretty amusing.

Well, there have been a few responses that I’ll not bother to look up, but the most notable is the rise of the International Pixel-Stained Technopeasants. What does this mean for the average reader – well, it’s a good place to find some free on-line fiction. Remember, if you enjoy what you read, consider buying the hard copy if available.

2 comments:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Those were some pretty stupid things to have said. That being said, I'm not really a fan of reading my fiction online. I'd much rather go out and buy the book, so although I'm happy that author's have a right to get out there stuff for free and I don't see this hurting the industry at all, I really don't care much. Reading, for me, is as much about the experience of holding the work in hand as it is about the work.

Neth said...

-Carl

I'm much the same as you in this respect - I just don't enjoy reading fiction on-line for a number of reasons. I'll occaisionally read a short-story, but even that is rare. If it's something I want to read I'll buy it.

Hendrix had a valid point or two, but those got lost in the idiocy of the rest of his post. As it stands right now, posting fiction on-line seems to create more sales than it takes away. If an author chooses to post something on-line or otherwise allow it to be produced on-line, more power to them. I'm still buying my fiction in the old fashion form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...